Mr. Stephan was born in the UK and has gained excellent insights from residing in the Netherlands, UK, USA, Doha, Qatar, Turkey, and the Middle East (UAE, Jordan, and Occupied Palestinian Territories). Mr. Stephan has since worked as a professional in Finance, Financial/Account Management, Consultancy, Banking, Media, Translation, digital production.
Year of Birth: 1991
Languages: Arabic: native, English: native, Turkish: intermediate, Dutch: basic
- B.A. in Finance & Banking, Applied Science University – Amman, Jordan (autumn semester of 2013-2014)
- Netherlands 2019-present:
Finance (asst. Financial Controller):
– Monthly and Quarterly closings
– Invoice and settlement processing
– Accruals and prepayments
– Exact, Proactive, Oracle, ERP
– Payments, reconciliation, bank books/bank account management and transactions
- Financial Accountant/Manager at award-winning company Mediadante August 2015 –
June 2018 (3 years) Doha, Qatar
Carried out the functions of Financial Accountant and Financial Controller.
– Oversaw accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash disbursements, payroll and bank reconciliation.
– Managed all financial statements according to GAAP and IFRS;
– Managed all expenses and revenues, including creating and maintaining records from scratch, using Microsoft Office;
– Obtained, reviewed and summarised vendor agreements
– Set up purchase orders (PO’s) and performed subsequent related tasks
– Managed bank transactions and invoice payments
– Coordinated activities and work between the three branches of the company (management, finance, production).
– Handled all the company’s finances
– Built and maintained relationships with clients and contacts from all over the world, with a particular focus on accounts from the Middle East and Europe;
– Forecasted and prepared regular/quarterly/annual budgets and financial reports;
– Coordinated all finances and invoices with companies and freelancers working with the company;
– Managed production budget and expenses
– Handled payroll
– Balanced cash flow with current and expected company budget.
- Freelance Financial Consultant July 2018 – June 2019 (1 year) Istanbul, Turkey
Contracted by third parties to work with several companies and corporations (Fortrade, SOCAR, GNR, HSBC) to advise and train employees in:
– Account Management
– Customer Relationship Management
– Financial Reporting according to GAAP and IFRS
– Business English
- Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) Arab Bank July 2014 – July 2015 (1 year)
Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) agent Arab Bank January 2014 – July
- From € 13,2 per hour